What is now Esterline's BVR-branded product line began in 1944 as a precision gear-cutting company, called Beaver Gear Works, founded to support the World War II effort.
In the 1960s we began design and production of motion-control products for aircraft applications such as pod doors, engine-mounted locking mechanisms, and gimbal actuators. We also offered cockpit interface components such as indicators and gauges.
In 1991 our name was changed to BVR Aero Precision, under new ownership, and we began developing digital data conversion and management solutions for aircraft control systems. BVR Aero Precision was acquired by Esterline in 2003.
The BVR brand is now globally recognized in the aerospace industry for high-quality and high-reliability electromechanical and digital products essential for control-system implementation. We also provide motion-control solutions for extreme-duty medical applications.
We design and manufacture our own lower-level components and assemblies — geartrains, sensors, and electronic packages — for our actuators and servos. We develop our own software. We integrate electronics, software, and packaging design for our data concentrators.
Over the years we have built an extensive library of state-of-the-art design modules. Working with our customers, we select and configure these building blocks to meet their specific application requirements. This modular engineering approach results in cost-effective systems with high reliability. We also continue to develop new technologies and design solutions to satisfy emerging applications.
BVR products include:
We offer support for:
- Product design
- Product documentation
- Program management
- Rapid response
- Repair and overhaul
We occupy a 24,000-square-foot facility in Rockford, Illinois, convenient to I-90 and Chicago.
To achieve consistent, profitable growth by fulfilling the needs of strategically selected customers for
- Avionics for commercial and military aircraft
- Motion control devices and systems for aerospace, medical, and industrial applications
We will accomplish our mission by:
- Providing complete design services
- Meeting customer performance specifications
- Offering competitive prices
- Providing the highest level of product quality
- Meeting customer delivery requirements
- Conducting business with professionalism and integrity
- Providing for employee training and development
- Consideration of the environment and community
- A commitment to continuous improvement